iMessage is specifically designed for Apple devices to use a particular end to end encryption and decryption system.
The purpose of this design is to secure messages sent from one Apple device to another Apple device. Android devices can therefore not use the program because of its design.
However, continued innovation has made it possible to work around the exclusivity of iMessage and enable access to Android phones. The program that allows this to work is called message.
You can access iMessage on android by following the steps below:
- An iMessage account
- A Mac device. The compatibility of the Mac device will allow the message program to run. The Mac device should be running Yosemite (Mac OS 10.10)
- An Android phone that is running Lollipop (Android OS 5.0)
- The messaging app should be installed both in the Android phone and the Mac device
- Java 7 or higher versions should be installed on the Mac device
The compatibility of the Mac facilitates the whole process of successfully using iMessage on your android device. Message routes the messages sent and received through the iMessage encryption network.
Downloading iMessage for android phone:
Before you can set up the program on your Android, you must first configure message on your Mac device.
Method 1- Message configuration on Mac
- Launch Java on your Mac device. Access applications, proceed to utilities and finally click on the Terminal app.
- Ensure Java is updated to the most recent version or an error will occur.
- If the device does not have Java, install it.
- Download the message program from the message website.
- Access the downloaded folder and select run.command to launch the message program
- It is possible for an error to occur after selecting run.command. The error will state that the program is not from a trusted developer and thus cannot run. Fix this by accessing security and privacy, then general tab and select open anyway.
- Enable accessibility features on your Mac device. This is done by accessing system preferences followed by security and privacy than the privacy tab and finally accessibility.
- Select the lock icon displayed at the bottom left to unlock settings. If a password is requested enter the one you use when logging in to the Mac device.
- Select this+ This will allow navigation through the hardware, and you will select applications then utilities.
- Open the terminal tab.
- Click on run.command to launch the message program.
- Enter your current iMessage email address.
- Enter the password. You can either use a new password or the same password you use on your iMessage.
Method 2- Setting up weMessage on Android
- Download the weMessage program from the Google play store.
- Launch the app on your android.
- In the pop-up tab that appears asking for permission to access texts, select allow. You might also have to turn on modification settings.
- Enter your Mac’s IP address in the field provided. You will access the address on your Mac by accessing system preferences followed by the network then advanced and finally TCP/IP. The address is displayed under IPv4.
- Enter the email address you use for iMessage.
- Enter the password used earlier on the Mac to sign in.
- The weMessage is operational.
If everything is working correctly, which it should after carefully following these steps, the conversation screen will appear, and you will be able to communicate via iMessage. You should test program to ensure it is working.